Monday, September 25, 2017

I LOVE MY HAIR!

Shop your local indie bookstore.
My first Recycled Story is based on the book I Love My Hair! by Natasha Anastasia Tarpley and illustrated by E.B. Lewis. This is a fabulous book that I read to hundreds of students as a teacher in Boston. (See Ms. M’s Materials on Ms. M’s Mass Media). The collage grew from a very tattered paperback with pages falling out. At first I thought I might just frame some of my favorite pages but the edges were also tattered and E.B. Lewis's beautiful illustrations were speaking to me, "don't throw me out!" The faces of my students who would share new found confidence about their beautiful hair and experiences after reading the book with me were echoed in Natasha Anastasia Tarpley's story. I couldn't throw this book away! Maybe I could save it? Thus, Recycled Stories was born. 



It actually took me some time to pull this story together. I hope you enjoy it. I’ve made quite a few Recycled Stories since my first and do not have the wall space to keep all my beloved art. The one-of-a-kind collage is framed and measures 18” x 22” and comes complete with a new, hard cover copy of I Love My Hair!  Contact me for pricing on the collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment